Looking for freelance education professionals?
You’re in the right place.
From here, you can:
Browse our list of writers. (Click on a name for more details.)
Search for a specific skill (it’s a broad range!) or content area.
Add your profile to the list (freelance education professionals only).
If you want to to edit your profile, you must first register with the site (see the Register here on the right sidebar) and log in.
I have been writing for educational publishers since 2001 and have written more than 175 nonfiction leveled books (K-7) as well as more than 100 reading passages. I was on the Reading A-Z staff for three years and have been a freelance writer and copy editor since 2004. I’ve written content for Reading A-Z, Science A-Z, Benchmark Education, Wright Group/McGraw-Hill, Rosen Publishing, Zaner-Bloser, Trillium Publishing, and other companies.
* Master’s degrees in psychology and anthropology
* Certificate in nonfiction writing
* Extensive experience with a variety of leveling systems
* Former career as an archaeozoologist
* Specialize in life science (especially animals), history, civil rights movement, biography, human body, geography, earth science, world cultures, music, and art
* Passionate about educational writing
* Meet and often beat deadlines
* Flexible about revisions
* Crackerjack copy editor; submit clean manuscripts
“Kira has an amazing ability to rephrase scientific text to suit an audience and to unravel obscure concepts for the reader in clear, concise terms.” (Douglas Tepper, Senior Editor, Science A-Z)
“I’ve worked for major New York book publishers and top-tier university presses, and Kira is one of the best copy editors I’ve encountered. She is an editor’s dream: sharp, analytical, logical, detail-oriented, and a pleasure to work with. I rest easier knowing that she’s on the case whenever she tackles one of my projects.” (John Rousselle, Editor, Reading A-Z)