Looking for freelance education professionals?
You’re in the right place.
From here, you can:
Browse our list of writers. (Click on a name for more details.)
Search for a specific skill (it’s a broad range!) or content area.
Add your profile to the list (freelance education professionals only).
If you want to to edit your profile, you must first register with the site (see the Register here on the right sidebar) and log in.
My career began in Clarence Central School District, where I taught 3rd and 6th grades. During that time, I taught all core subjects, but I focused mainly on social studies and language arts. I utilized the six traits of writing to guide instruction in writer’s workshop, and I enhanced reading appreciation through book club using Harvey and Goudvis’s Strategies That Work.
After I moved to Pennsylvania, I supervised education majors and taught the following courses at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania and at Bucknell University:
* Literacy Across Contexts
* Teaching Reading in Early Childhood: Birth-Kindergarten
* Teaching of Fine Arts in the Elementary School (both in-person and online)
* Teaching Literacy and Literature in Diverse Classrooms
* Language Arts Methods in the Modern Elementary School
* Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
* Seminar in Learning Experiences with Young Children
* Assessment in Early Childhood Education
As an author, I am represented by Louse Fury at The Bent Agency, and I am an active member of SCBWI. I love to attend conferences and meet other kid lit enthusiasts. My writing has appeared in Highlights, and I am pursuing publication with some of my picture books. I co-authored a third grade field trip on Systems that I aligned with the standards for the Bloomsburg Children’s Museum in Bloomsburg, PA.